Tuesday 17 October 2017

CoffeMonster day 4

Another day, another evening, with each next tick of clock, less and less time left for work on Tech Demo 2 and there is so much to do...  Last weekend  - fighting with some physics bugs and adding additional unit tests which resulted in another bunch of code fixes... Yesterday evening -  improvement to editor controls ... Today ...

Improved axis selection visual feedback.
Grab with alignment
Improved rotation gizmo.
At this moment I feel a little bit disappointed that I won't be able to push everything into TD2. Well as one person team I cannot help too much with this... I taking another slip of mead ... it is so good.

... hmm this is good question what I will be working Today. Input system ? Gui ? Maybe both. There are three closely related problems I would need to tackle:
  1. Blocking of input propagation outside current state.
    Test case: You are in inventory and when pressing escape to quit it you end in game menu.
    Expected behaviour: You should press escape button twice so this happen
     
  2. Detecting which device is currently use.
    Expected behaviour:
    When you use Gamepad it is active but then when you start using mouse&keyboard it switch as active.
  3. Action buttons display in GUI
    Test case: Use mouse or keyboard - icons should display different icon.
    Expected behaviour: Icons should change depending on currently active device.
Not the most exciting tasks but I know they are needed so time to start working on it ... TD2 coming this weekend - there is no time to waste.

This time really short and I probably should apologies for that but I won't :D  With TD2 coming I'm really busy and limited with time but still wanted to give you some update. You hanging around project even when it is not always easiest thing to do so you deserved it.

Greg
Straight from TD2 battlefield.

1 comment: